The Queensland State Election requires all registered voters to visit the polling booths this Saturday, 24 March 2012.
Local voting options for Ormeau, Pimpama & Yatala:
Norfolk Village State School, Halfway Drive, Ormeau
Ormeau Woods State High School, Goldmine Road, Ormeau
Ormeau State School, Mirambeena Drive, Pimpama
Pimpama State School, Hotham Creek Road, Pimpama
All booths are open between 8am – 6pm
If you are unable to vote on Saturday in person you must register for absent voting or postal voting to avoid penalty fines. For further details phone 1300 881 665 or visit this website.
Candidates for Albert and Coomera
The residents in Ormeau and Pimpama are split into two different divisions. Eastern side fo the M1 falls to Coomera and Western side of the M1 falls to Albert.
- Chris Wisbey (Greens)
- Rowan Harrip (Independent)
- Graeme Higgs (Labor)
- Peter Cobb (Katter’s Australian Party)
- Michael Crandon (Liberal National) ***Incumbent since 2009***
- Amanda Best (Family First)
- Adam Hollis (Katter’s Australian Party)
- Margaret Keech (Labor) ***Incumbent since 2001***
- Petrina Maizey (Greens)
- Mark Boothman (Liberal National)
More details can be found here.
Remember the Local Government election is scheduled for Saturday 28 April 2012. More details to follow as it nears.