Polling day is Saturday 31 January 2015.
Polling places open between 8am and 6pm.
*Note – this year you need to provide proof of identity prior to voting. See article below for details.
Your Electoral Division:
Selecting the right division to vote in can be easily determined by the maps below. Ormeau is split with all residents on the Eastern side of the M1 falling into the Coomera division and all residents on the Western side of the M1 falling into the Albert division.
ALBERT Division Candidates
|BOOTHMAN, Mark (LNP)|
|BEST, Amanda (Family First Party)|
|MCMAHON, Melissa (Australian Labor Party)|
|CAJDLER, Jane (The Greens)|
|BREWSTER, Blair (Palmer United Party)|
COOMERA Division Candidates
|MCCREADIE, Brett (Australian Labor Party)|
|MORGAN, Shirley (Palmer United Party)|
|WISBEY, Chris (The Greens)|
|CRANDON, Michael (LNP)|
|O’BRIEN, Cathy (Family First Party)|
Where to vote:
Jacobs Well Community Centre
27 Bay St, Jacobs Well
Ormeau State School
Mirambeena Drive, Pimpama
Ormeau Woods High School
148 Goldmine Road, Ormeau
Norfolk Village State School
83 Halfway Drive, Ormeau
Pimpama State School
9 Hotham Creek Rd North,
Pimpama, QLD 4209
If you are unable to attend a polling booth on the day of the election you will need to do an absentee or early vote.
Beenleigh Early Voting Centre
145 George St, Beenleigh
Shop 17, 502 Hope Island Rd, Helensvale
For more details please visit http://www.aec.gov.au/
Proof of Identity
Changes to the Queensland Electoral Act now require all electors to show proof of identity in order to cast an ordinary vote. If electors are unable to provide Proof of Identity they will still be able to vote by completing a declaration of their details at the time of voting.
Approved Proof of Identity documents are –
- a current driver licence;
- a current Australian passport;
- a Voter Information Letter issued by the Commission;
- a recent document evidencing electoral enrolment;
- an identification card issued by the Commonwealth or State evidencing the person’s entitlement to a financial benefit;
A Commonwealth seniors health card, health care card, Medicare card, pensioner concession card or repatriation health card
- an adult proof of age card issued by the State;
- a recent account or notice issued by a local government or a public utility provider;
a council rates notice, electricity account statement, gas account statement or water bill
- a recent account statement, current account card or current credit card issued by a financial institution;
- a recent account statement issued by a carriage service provider as defined under the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cwlth);
A telephone bill or internet bill
- a recent notice of assessment issued under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cwlth)
Enrolment and voting is compulsory for all eligible citizens.